Thursday, September 15, 2011

So Many Firsts...

I never realized just how many firsts there are in anyone's life and there are so few that we actually remember, so hopefully this blog will help Lilly see her firsts that she doesn't remember!
  • Lilly had a real bowel movement!  She has graduated from the "nutty" bowel movements to a real, smelly, noisy bowel movement!  I know it seems weird to know this and I am sure for some it is TMI, but I think it is amazing that in a short time she is already progressing!
  • The people I work with got to meet Lilly!  I find it funny how she has everyone wrapped around her little fingers...Part of it is of course because she is a baby and who can really resist a beautiful little girl!
  • Lilly is starting to hold her head up on her own.  Granted it is only for a few seconds at a time, but it is still amazing the strength she has in her head.  She also has been pushing against us and moving herself up when she is laying on us!  It is so amazing!
  • Lilly went out to her first sit down restaurant.  We went out to eat at the mexican restaurant up by Target to celebrate our anniversary while the restaurants would not be busy on the weekends and she did great.  She started to get fussy, but was more than happy when we held her!
  • She has started sleeping 4 hours at one time during the night!  She will normally eat around 10pm and then stay asleep until 2am.  Although she gets back up at 4am, I am grateful for the 4 hours that I got prior!
  • She went to her first mutual activity at church!  Everyone thought she was beautiful and it was neat to see those who we care about and are friends with enjoy seeing her!
She has plenty more firsts to come, but these are just a few of them that I want her to know about.  Other than that we are both doing great - she is an amazing baby and has taught me so much.  I have learned and experienced more patience in the past 3 weeks than I probably have in 26 years prior.  I have also been more positive since being pregnant with her than I had been in a long time.  Lilly seems to have brought out and re-introduced me to great qualities that I have always had, but don't always exhibit.  I am forever grateful to her for this.  Even if they disappear again - which I hope they don't - I am glad that I have been able to have less stress and be an overall happier person during this time!
                                               She loves how warm the transformers blanket is!



                                        Look at this crazy sleepy hair!  Just like her mom & dad!

                                                     Beautiful blue eyes!  Just like her dad!

                     This is why I call her froggy!  She normally sticks out her tongue at the same time!

                                               Gotta love Lilly & Pratt's matching crazy hair!

                                                 Two sleepy-heads on a Sunday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment