I usually post about Lilly, but with Mother's Day approaching, I miss my mom like crazy.
I have finally let myself stop and process today. There are so many things I wish I could've said to my mom, so many things that I still want to say, and so many things I wanted to do with her.
I know that I cannot reverse time and help her, so instead I will leave her memory for all the internet to see.
Things my mom taught me:
1. Always love and trust in God. Without Him you cannot achieve and with Him you can do anything.
2. Be confident in who you are and what you do. I fear this confidence makes me come off as arrogant, but I do have many flaws, but I know I am a child of God.
3. Know when to pick your battles and fight your wars. So many times have I thought about this with Lilly. She does things and as short tempered as I am, it would be very easy to just lash out at an adorably innocent little girl. Instead I know when I need to stop and not fight with her, but to be patient.
4. Always do something kind for someone in need. I remember when I was at Target and a lady asked me for some money to get her to the gas station. She looked like she wouldn't use the money for gas, so I told her no, thinking I had no cash, and drove away. I then thought to myself, what would your mom do. Turns out I had $5 in cash. I promptly turned around and gave it to her. I told my mom and she was proud of me for doing it. As many times as I would be on the phone with my mom and she was paying for the person behind her in a drive through meal, I am glad she was that example.
5. If you find love fight for it and never let it go. If my mom wasn't so stubborn and I didn't inherit or learn it, Pratt and I would not be together. I am forever grateful for that attitude.
Things I wish I could say to my mom:
1. I love you.
2. I wish Lilly and you had more time together to fully cement your relationship.
3. I'm grateful for your friendship.
4. Thank you for everything you taught me. There is only one better teacher, God.
5. You are beautiful. Always have been, always will be.
I hope that one day I can tell my mom these things. Until then, I miss you, I love you, and I hope that you are happy.
Happy Mother's Day mom.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment