Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Dear Education System...

Dear Education System and Mom-Shamers,

I am writing to you today as a frustrated, upset, crying mom who is tired of the fight.
I am tired of feeling bad that my 4 (almost 5 year old) is not enough for you.
I am sorry that her birthday doesn't fit on your pretty little calendar to allow her into school.  She is one of the brightest, most intelligent human beings on this Earth and all you want to do is hold her back.
As a parent this is so frustrating.  No tests have taken place, no meeting my child, and not even a courtesy phone call has taken place.  Instead because she doesn't fit into some "prescribed" mold she just isn't "ready".
Let me tell you this.  This girl is ready.  She is strong, intelligent, and so smart that I even have a hard time keeping up with her some days.

So my message is this - if you don't want her, someone will.  Someone will see this beautiful, small, intelligent girl for what she is.  An extraordinary human being.  Someone who will one day change the world.  I don't know how, but she will.

To those schools who make me beg and plead for a chance for my daughter in Fort Wayne, shame on you.  She can only make your school a better place.  She is bright, fun, and makes friends with everyone. She is ready, eager, and hungry to learn.  What more could you ask for out of a potential student?

To those mom-shamers who make me feel bad about wanting to put my 4 (almost 5 year old) into Kindergarten this year - I'm sorry that you don't get to know her.  She is not your kid.  She is mine and I am her advocate.  I will never make another mom feel bad about her decisions with her kid, so why should I feel bad about mine?

Sincerly,
A very frustrated and exhausted mom


No comments:

Post a Comment