Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trying This Out...

So I have decided for Lilly's sake that I need to start keeping a blog of her life and it will be easier for me to post photos of her everyday!  I find that I take so many photos of her because I don't want to forget a moment of this time that we have been given to be with her.  Hopefully I will continue to keep this blog up almost everyday so I can make sure that I can show her later just how she was...So here is a quick recap...

August 25, 2011 - 4:30pm my water broke...By 4:40pm I was on my way to the hopsital to meet Pratt so we could see where we were with her.  By 9:24pm Lilly made her worldwide debut!  It was an easy labor and I am so grateful for that!

August 26 - 27, 2011 - we were at the hospital and she progressed well and slept well!  We were able to go home on the 27th around 10:30pm.  There were tons of visitors to see this little lady and I find that extremely humbling and neat that so many people care about the wonderful person she will become!

August 28, 2011 - what a day...She would not latch on and no one from Parkview was there to help us out.  We had to feed her some formula because her poor little lips were chapped, tongue was dry, and she had such a dry cry.  I don't think our hearts were prepared to handle this minor challenge so soon.  I know both Pratt & I felt so helpless...

August 29, 2011 - we were able to get into the lactation nurse and get things taken care of.  I am so grateful for them and their patience!  We were able to have a solution that works for both of us and it made both Pratt & I feel so much better, since one day prior we were so helpless!

August 30, 2011 - Pratt had to go back to work for half a day and boy how hard was that for me.  It doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference, but when I am so used to being home with him at the same time or we are both at work at the same time, it does make a difference.  Since he is at work and missing the fun faces, noises, etc that she is making, I have started utilizing my camera on my phone so much more!

August 31, 2011 - Not much went on, but more photos of her pretty face!

September 1, 2011 - Not much happened, but I love being home with her and experiencing all the fun faces that she gives me and I love taking photos of her pretty face! 

September 2, 2011 - I woke up feeling feverish and achy all over.  Thank goodness Pratt knows how to read my feelings when I am sick and because of this I called my doctor.  Turns out I have a uterus infection...Go figure, easy delivery, some speed bumps afterwards :)  Thank goodness for modern medicine!  

September 3, 2011 - Lilly took her first trip to the store.  She went to Lowe's and to Target (mom's favorite store).  It was fun to take her out and about instead of having her couped up at home all day long!  I cannot believe how fast she is growing and how much she sleeps.  My mom also finally has a wonderful house which will be a nice environment for her and Kevin.  I am so grateful that she has this house now!

September 4, 2011 - Pratt went to sacrament today and apparently gave an amazing testimony, which I missed because I was home sick :(  Luckily we have good friends and Brandon texted me to tell me what a great person he is.  I already knew it, but it is nice to know that his awesomeness is seen by others!






 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Please keep posting--I love the pictures! Lilly is blessed to have you and Pratt for her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea! I loved to be able to see and read all about my sweetheart! I miss her so much as trying to move and get unpacked has taken up so much of my time lately. I can't wait for things to settle down and maybe spend more time with her (and my beautiful daughter too!).

    ReplyDelete